U.S. National Debt

I was browsing the NPR website for news on American politics when the title of this article U.S. National Debt Hits Record $22 Trillion caught my eye. It stood out to me because that is such a huge amount of money, more than I could ever fathom. This article discusses America's rising debt and projections for how it will continue to grow in the future. While $22 trillion does seem like a ridiculous amount, percentages are provided as well so the reader can compare the debt America has now with the debt that we've had in the past accounting for inflation. The author does mention the President's responsibility to put a plan in place, but he spreads the blame evenly throughout the recent administrations. I appreciated the fact that he didn't portray that the rising debt was any one party's problem, but an issue that everyone needs to come together to solve.

Comments